Join our professional team out on the fireline for the 2022 fire season. Miller Timber Services, Inc. prides itself in providing elite professional private wildland fire crews.
Make up to $4178.00 per bi-weekly paycheck working on the fireline (Average Hourly Wage $19.60-$22.50/hr)
Base Fire Rate $15.00/hr. plus $4.60/hr. Health and Welfare for the first 40 hours of the workweek
Average hourly pay $19.60-$22.50/hr.
*Additional compensation for sawyers and MSPA-approved drivers
Upcoming Training Dates: Sept 12th– Sept 16th, 2022 sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. so arrive 15 minutes early.
Register today to reserve your spot and complete the pre-course work.
- Must be 18 Years old
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills
- Remain drug-free (includes marijuana) and submit to testing upon request
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Pass physical fitness test-3 Mile hike with 45lb pack in less than 45 min
- Contain, control and suppress wildland fire
- Rapid on-call deployment preparedness for wildfire and emergency incidents
- Utilize hand tools and equipment, such as pulaski, shovel, hazel hoe, ax, and chainsaw
- Perform basic fireline activities including line construction, moving dirt, hose layout, cut, scatter, and removal of fuels using hand tools
- Coordinate as an organized crew during wildfires and prescribed burns holding the line, patrolling, monitoring fire behavior, and performing mop-up operations
- Operate outdoors in remote and rugged conditions with extended travel and overnight camping.
- Abide by all safety standards to mitigate risk while on assignment
Miller Timber Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.